- Tuesday, Nov 19, 2019 9:00 AM - Thursday, Nov 21, 2019 1:00 PM CST
Our next Acts 2 Intensive is
scheduled for November 19-21, 2019, in Springfield, MO. The
cost is $299.
The Intensive will begin at 9:00 am on Tuesday, November 19, and will conclude by 1:00 pm on Thursday, November 21. Lunch will be provided on Tuesday and Wednesday.
The Intensive will be held in Springfield at Central Assembly of God:
1301 N Boonville Ave
Springfield, MO 65802
DoubleTree – 417- 831-3131 – Rate $110 (breakfast voucher included for up to 2 per room. Mention that you’d like to have the Assemblies of God preferred rate.)
University Plaza – 417- 864-7333 – Rate $99 – no breakfast, but there is a restaurant on site. To receive this rate, mention that you’re with the Assemblies of God event.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND:
Assemblies of God District Leadership
The Acts 2 Intensive is designed to lead attendees through the content of all four retreats of the one-year Acts 2 Journey cohort over the course of three days. If you’d like to learn the entire Acts 2 Journey cohort system, November’s Intensive will be a great opportunity to be immersed in the process. Click the link to view a testimonial video from a previous Intensive
Assemblies of God District School of Ministry Instructors
Global University recently added a new course to their requirements list for the Level One Ministerial Certificate. This new course, A Spirit-Empowered Church: An Acts 2 Ministry Model (MIN 171), follows the outline of the book A Spirit-Empowered Church, which also serves as the textbook for the Acts 2 Journey Cohort. The Acts 2 Intensive will help DSOM instructors gain insight into the practical implementation of MIN 171 course content.
Pastors with a passion for mentoring others
Many district leaders recognized the value of having sectional presbyters attend the Intensive who could be trained to lead an Acts 2 Journey cohort within a district or network or to provide follow-up training and accountability to churches that have previously participated in the Acts 2 Journey Cohort.
WHAT YOU WILL RECEIVE
- Access to the Acts 2 Survey evaluating the 5 functions described in Acts 2:42-47: Connect (fellowship), Grow (discipleship), Serve (ministry), Go (evangelism/missions), and Worship. A completed survey will determine minimum health factors in 12 separate areas, with recommendations for next-step actions.
- Access to an online training portal with teaching videos from Acts 2 Journey facilitators.
- Copies of A Spirit-Empowered Church by Alton Garrison and A Spirit-Empowered Life by Mike Clarensau.
- A complete set of Friday leadership training lessons designed to assist pastors in stewarding the Acts 2 model taught in the Saturday Vision Team meetings.
- A complete set of PowerPoint slides, facilitator notes, and student handouts for Vision Team sessions (pastor and Vision Team of 8-15 influencers from the congregation).
- Special tutorial notes designed to assist in conducting the four Acts 2 Journey Cohort Retreats.
- Training on how to present the material and incorporate the involvement of Vision Teams during table talks.
- Information on what to do both before and after each Acts 2 Journey Retreat.
We hope to see you there!