- Tuesday, Mar 31, 2020 9:00 AM - Thursday, Apr 2, 2020 1:00 PM CDT
The Intensive will begin at 9:00 am on Tuesday, March 31, and will conclude by 1:00 pm on Thursday, April 2.
Alton Garrison and Ron McManus will lead the Intensive Training in Springfield at Central Assembly of God:
1301 N Boonville Ave
Springfield, MO 65802
University Plaza – 417- 864-7333 – Rate $99; breakfast is included in the rate. To receive this rate, mention that you’re with the Assemblies of God event. Room availability is limited, so be sure to reserve your room well in advance.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND:
The Acts 2 Intensive is designed to lead attendees through the content of all four retreats of the one-year Acts 2 Journey cohort over the course of three days. If you’d like to learn the entire Acts 2 Journey cohort system, this Intensive will be a great opportunity to be immersed in the process. Click the link to view a testimonial video from a previous Intensive
District School of Ministry Instructors
Global University recently added a new course to their requirements list for the Level One Ministerial Certificate. This new course, A Spirit-Empowered Church: An Acts 2 Ministry Model (MIN 171), follows the outline of the book A Spirit-Empowered Church, which also serves as the textbook for the Acts 2 Journey Cohort. The Acts 2 Intensive will help DSOM instructors gain insight into the practical implementation of MIN 171 course content.
Pastors with a passion for mentoring others
Many district leaders recognized the value of having sectional presbyters attend the Intensive who could be trained to lead an Acts 2 Journey cohort within a district or network or to provide follow-up training and accountability to churches that have previously participated in the Acts 2 Journey Cohort.
WHAT YOU WILL RECEIVE
- Access to the Acts 2 Survey evaluating the 5 functions described in Acts 2:42-47: Connect (fellowship), Grow (discipleship), Serve (ministry), Go (evangelism/missions), and Worship. A completed survey will determine minimum health factors in 12 separate areas, with recommendations for next-step actions.
- Access to an online training portal with teaching videos from Acts 2 Journey facilitators.
- Copies of A Spirit-Empowered Church by Alton Garrison and A Spirit-Empowered Life by Mike Clarensau.
- A complete set of Friday leadership training lessons designed to assist pastors in stewarding the Acts 2 model taught in the Saturday Vision Team meetings.
- A complete set of PowerPoint slides, facilitator notes, and student handouts for Vision Team sessions (pastor and Vision Team of 8-15 influencers from the congregation).
- Special tutorial notes designed to assist in conducting the four Acts 2 Journey Cohort Retreats.
- Training on how to present the material and incorporate the involvement of Vision Teams during table talks.
- Information on what to do both before and after each Acts 2 Journey Retreat.
We hope to see you there!
The Acts 2 Journey Team
firstname.lastname@example.org | acts2journey.com
417-862-2781 ext. 3480