Upgrade your browser!
You''ll enjoy this experience much more in a modern browser.
Plus, we can''t guarantee everything will work correctly for you in this old browser. Check out this list of modern browsers that we think would be a good replacement.
- Tuesday, Nov 9, 2021 9:00 AM - Thursday, Nov 11, 2021 1:00 PM CST
Sorry, this event is not available.
This event was available from Tuesday, October 2, 2018 12:00 AM until the event start date.
The Intensive will begin at 9:00 am on Tuesday, November 9, and will conclude by 1:00 pm on Thursday, November 11. Lunch will be provided on Tuesday and Wednesday.
The Intensive will be held in Springfield at Central Assembly of God:
1301 N. Boonville Avenue, Springfield, MO 65802
Click here to reserve a room at the DoubleTree Hotel.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND:
Assemblies of God District Leadership
The Acts 2 Intensive is designed to lead attendees through the content of all four retreats of the one-year Acts 2 Journey cohort over the course of three days. If you’d like to learn the entire Acts 2 Journey cohort system, November’s Intensive will be a great opportunity to be immersed in the process. Click here to view a message from Alton about the intensive.
Assemblies of God District School of Ministry Instructors
Global University recently added a new course to their requirements list for the Level One Ministerial Certificate. This new course, A Spirit-Empowered Church: An Acts 2 Ministry Model (MIN 171), follows the outline of the book A Spirit-Empowered Church, which also serves as the textbook for the Acts 2 Journey Cohort. The Acts 2 Intensive will help DSOM instructors gain insight into the practical implementation of MIN 171 course content.
Pastors with a passion for mentoring others
Many district leaders recognized the value of having sectional presbyters attend the Intensive who could be trained to lead an Acts 2 Journey cohort within a district or network or to provide follow-up training and accountability to churches that have previously participated in the Acts 2 Journey Cohort.
WHAT YOU WILL RECEIVE
- Access to the Acts 2 Survey evaluating the 5 functions described in Acts 2:42-47: Connect (fellowship), Grow (discipleship), Serve (ministry), Go (evangelism/missions), and Worship. A completed survey will determine minimum health factors in 12 separate areas, with recommendations for next-step actions.
- Access to an online training portal with teaching videos from Acts 2 Journey facilitators.
- Copies of A Spirit-Empowered Church by Alton Garrison and A Spirit-Empowered Life by Mike Clarensau.
- A complete set of Friday leadership training lessons designed to assist pastors in stewarding the Acts 2 model taught in the Saturday Vision Team meetings.
- A complete set of PowerPoint slides, facilitator notes, and student handouts for Vision Team sessions (pastor and Vision Team of 8-15 influencers from the congregation).
- Special tutorial notes designed to assist in conducting the four Acts 2 Journey Cohort Retreats.
- Training on how to present the material and incorporate the involvement of Vision Teams during table talks.
- Information on what to do both before and after each Acts 2 Journey Retreat.